Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 1 - Response 2

ORINIGAL POST - Michael Wood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_4YpXoetw&feature=player_embedded

MY RESPONSE

Michael,

That’s an awesome story about getting into an artist job at Knott’s Berry Farms! I think you’re right on when it comes to student’s using Google images, but more profoundly was your comment on how teachers really don’t care if students copy and past other people’s work. I was (and maybe still am although I’m TRYING to change) one of those teachers but with more education on creative commons, I think I might be able to change.

I agree with your comments on Netflix as a solution for piracy. I think that we’re on the verge of a music version of this through Apple called iCloud and I’m really curious to see where this goes. They’ve invested huge amounts of money in a facility dedicated to music storage along with petabytes of hard drive storage space. Hopefully, we’ll be ushered into a place where we don’t have to be as concerned about copyright because we’ll have other viable options.

No comments:

Post a Comment