Monday, October 18, 2010

PE5 Soundbooth Audio Correction

I'm continuing my lessons in Adobe Premiere and just learned an amazing trick for audio correction. Through Premiere, you can right click an audio file and have it open in Soundbooth. From there you can select the waveform to show the red (at the bottom of the photo). From here you can treat the audio the same way photoshop works and "heal" loud noises in the file. I also applied a noise reduction filter that almost completely removed the wind noise. I overdid it in this example so it now sounds like I'm singing from a tunnel but by toning it down a little and spending more time on the "heal" function, I can do a respectable job removing most of the wind noise. What an awesome tool! To hear the different, click this LINK.

2 comments:

  1. The links to the sounds didn't work when I tried them. Otherwise, I thought your posts were pretty informative. Here is another tool that I'm going to want to try! Thank you for writing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... The link seems to be working when I click on it. Let me know if you're still having issues and I'll see if I can figure out what the deal is. Thanks for the feedback Patricia!

    ReplyDelete