Tuesday, September 28, 2010

KING of new technology?


I have always thought of myself as good with new technology and found that learning new software has always come easier for me than others for some reason. Until Web 2.0. I now for the first time in my life feel overwhelmed with technology and all the blogs and igoogles and diigos and readers. I'm a super-organized type person and have always liked my content in a box. With Web 2.0, it's no longer in a box. It can jump out of the box if I tell it to. Or someone else can tell it to jump out. I realize that I no longer have as much control over technology as I used to. I also realize I much prefer a boxed content such as the Adobe suite to things more free-form like bloggers (although ironically I'm writing about this ON a blog). But, I guess it's as they say, "Times are a-changing". Not sure who to quote that to but I'm guessing it's from 1850 or so. (There was a lot changing back then, look it up). So with that, I'm back to the seemingly disorganized array of new Web 2.0 tools in an effort to put my anal-retentive organizational tendencies into overdrive to make them behave like I want them to. (And with that, he left the building)

picture by: Dan4th, "ripping hair out", September 28, 2010 via Flickr, Creative Commons Attribution

1 comment: